HBD Construction is a diverse, full-service general contracting firm. Our project managers and superintendents have the knowledge and experience to oversee every aspect of your project from start to finish, ensuring it is completed on-time and within budget.
Able to perform as a true general contractor, HBD has a full field staff of trained carpenters and laborers, including some who are second generation employees. Our superintendents are all “homegrown” union carpenters who ascended the HBD ranks from journeyman to foreman to superintendent – they know how to build with their hands and understand how to assemble a building. This invaluable experience is required to properly supervise the complex projects HBD builds. Performing our own concrete, carpentry and labor tasks allows us to control the pace of the project and deliver exceptional quality control by having multiple eyes in the field.
HBD owns and maintains a fully stocked yard, and has a delivery staff that purchases materials and tools in bulk, delivering them to the job as needed. Tool inventory is controlled though an electronic checkout/in process and is charged to our projects far below market rates. HBD’s yard staff has the knowledge of proper tool selections for required tasks, allowing field tasks to be performed at optimal efficiency, enabling us to save you, our customer money.
HBD employs some of the Midwest’s most talented and esteemed architects, engineers and construction specialists to help guide your project from conception to implementation through completion. Our Design/Build service creates a team approach to the project which efficiently streamlines coordination and communication, keeping the budget and schedule on track, saving time and money. No matter the size and scope of your project, the HBD Design/Build Team will ensure your satisfaction and a high-quality finished product.
HBD knows how to deliver the results expected from an industry leader. Here is a partial list of the contracting services we offer:
- Consultation during project development
- Assembly and monitoring of a construction budget
- Value engineering
- Coordination of contract documents
- Construction planning, feasibility and phasing
- LEED analysis
- Single source project control
- Self-performed work
- Cost and schedule control
- Change order review and scrutiny
- Payments to trade contractors
- Coordination with inspection and governmental agencies
- Coordination with all project consultants
- Document control and interpretation
- Shop drawing and sample approvals
- Daily work and quality control reports
- Project close out, start-up and commissioning
- Warranty follow up